Officials from the National Institute of Workforce Development (Instituto Nacional de Desenvolvimento de Mão-de-Óbra – INDMO) of Timor Leste visited the Colombo Plan Staff College in Manila last August 5, 2019 to discuss possible opportunities for collaboration particularly on matters concerning Asia-Pacific Accreditation and Certification Commission (APACC).
The delegation is composed of the following:
- Mr. Arlindo da Costa, Senior Officer for Qualification and Industrial Linkages, INDMO
- Mrs. Evangelina Domingas Correia Guterres, Senior Officer for TVET, INDMO
- Mr. Leonel Casimiro Araújo, Senior Consultant for Employment Policy, INDMO
- Mr. José Mendes Nono, Senior Officer of Counterpart Fund Affairs, INDMO
- Mr. Aquiles Salvador Guterres, National Adviser-Institutional Strengthening, INDMO
- Mr. Pankrasio Silveiro, Immigration Attaché, Embassy of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste in Manila
They were welcomed by Dr. Ramhari Lamichhane, CPSC Director General; Ms. Therese Lee, CPSC Faculty Specialist; Ms. Adrienne Abril, APACC Officer and Mr. Bryan Noel Lazaro, Executive Secretary.
Matters discussed during the meeting include the accreditation and certification of training centers offering National Certificates in agriculture, implementation of training regulations, competency standards and other matters concerning the implementation of APACC. A short briefer about CPSC was also presented during the meeting.
The delegation expressed their interest in CPSC’s capacity development programs and inquired about the membership process and requirements. They also extended an invitation to Dr. Lamichhane to speak at future conferences in their country tentatively planned in the upcoming months.
In addition, both parties expressed their optimism that the said meeting will open doors for closer ties between the two entities and will pave the way for Timor Leste to reap the benefits of intergovernmental cooperation in TVET.